Explorations In Biology@Model.HeadlineSize>
During camp, students will engage in four different laboratory experiences in biology. Lab exercises include working with bacteria, learning to perform and interpret various physiological tests, animal behavior and locomotion studies, and a survey of microorganisms that live in the soils and water. Each lab experience will emphasize the real-world application of scientific research and why it is so important.
High School Camp@Model.HeadlineSize>
Stay and dine in campus housing.
Experience the Nebraska Wesleyan University campus.
June 19 - 22, 2023@Model.HeadlineSize>
Share This Camp Today!
- Learn to perform and interpret various physiological tests.
- Survey microorganisms that live in soil and water.
- Use critical thinking skills to address and solve problems.
- Determine effectiveness of various disinfectants used to kill bacteria.
- Use physiological measures to determine a person's health.
- Evaluate animal behavior and locomotion.
- Enjoy down time with new friends during evening activities.
- Present experimental findings to your research team.
Nebraska Wesleyan University@headingTag>
Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is a private, coeducational university in Lincoln, NE. NWU was founded in 1887 and has approximately 2,100 students. The university has 119 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs.
Under the direction of Dr. Angela McKinney, Professor of Biology, this camp will engage in four different laboratory experiences in biology. Each lab experience will emphasize the real-world application of scientific research and why it is so important. Students will participate in workshops that will demystify the college experience, and explain the kind of knowledge and information students need to be prepared for and successful in college.
This camp takes place in the Duane W. Acklie Hall of Science building.